6 Mar 2014

Striking Head Jewellery



From a young age, I have been obsessed with Indian-style head jewellery. Though my mum claimed it was strictly to be worn by brides, I always disagreed. I fell in love with this piece of jewellery having watched Indian films throughout my childhood. Actresses only wore them during the songs and wedding scenes and it would accentuate their beautiful faces. I wanted to wear them everyday! Rebelliously, I wore a delicate silver one to school when I was a 15. I remember being hastily ordered to remove it as it did not comply with the school's strict uniform policy and was even given detention!


Head jewellery is not a new trend amongst celebrities. Nicole Richie, Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Alicia Keys have exhorted the trend for awhile now. Chanel even had an Indian style theme a while back, showcasing some of the most exquisite jewelled headpieces on the their models. This type of jewellery is nothing new in Indian culture either, as brides wear them during their wedding celebrations. A bride wearing a white wedding dress can also embrace this look by adding a stunning piece of head jewellery that compliments her dress and emphasises her beauty. Kim Kardashian worn an elegant one at her last wedding and she looked stunning. 

I truly believe tiaras are strictly reserved to Royalty and Beauty Queens. So the perfect substitute would be these beautiful head pieces. You will find simple ones to wear during those hot summer days as part of your casual beach look and the ones elaborately detailed with chunky pieces that can be worn to parties. Both of which are seen on these various celebrities and models...























Do you like the Indian princess look? Would you be wearing pretty head jewellery this Summer or on your wedding day?


Until my next post...

Sonal x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips